It is our mission to educate the nation about alternative fuel and advanced technology vehicles through program management, curriculum development, training implementation and outreach and education activities leading to the decrease of U.S. dependence on foreign oil and the improvement of air quality.
Headquartered at West Virginia University, the NAFTC consists of National and Associate Training Centers located nationwide from Maine to California. Each center provides Training with Impact through its experienced instructors and real-world shop facilities. Numerous other members from small businesses, government, and industry also support the NAFTC’s mission.
The NAFTC national headquarters is located in Morgantown, West Virginia.
Key Highlights of the NAFTC:
- The NAFTC has a state-of-the-art national training lab and headquarters facility at West Virginia University, in Morgantown, West Virginia.
- Presently, more than 2,000 courses have been conducted by the NAFTC, resulting in more than 38,000 trained technicians on alternative fuel vehicles (AFVs) and advanced technology vehicles.
- More than 1,900 workshops and education/awareness events have been conducted with more than 1.3 million attendees.
- Hundreds of organizations, such as Walt Disney World, the U.S. Air Force, and NASA have participated in the NAFTC’s training and education and outreach activities.
- The NAFTC conducts the nation’s largest alternative fuel vehicle (AFV) and advanced technology vehicle promotion and awareness event. The event was first conducted in 2002 and has been conducted biennially since, reaching hundreds of millions with information on the importance of AFVs. The most recent event was conducted October 17, 2014 and had more than 200,000 attendees at 107 sites with more than 100 million reached through media outlets.